EPA’s Regional Realignment Plan establishes a standard organizational structure for its regional offices that is intended to:
• Increase coordination between EPA National Programs and their regional counterparts as we work to meet our strategic goals and objectives;
• Improve the consistent implementation of EPA regulations and policies;
• Allow for better resource allocation to more effectively carry out the agency’s mission;
• Facilitate the agency’s overall operational excellence; and
• Provide greater transparency for EPA customers.
Currently, every regional office has a different structure. The proposed new standard structure for every regional office includes the following:
• Regional Administrator, Deputy Regional Administrator, and the following divisions:
o Air and Radiation;
o Administration and Resource Management (to include Office of Administration and Resources Management, Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Office of Environmental Information functions);
o Enforcement and Compliance Assurance;
o Land and Redevelopment (to include Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention and Brownfields functions);
o Superfund and Emergency Management;
o Laboratory Services and Applied Science; and
o Regional Counsel (to include the Freedom of Information Act program).
FINAL Regional Realignment combined org charts