These photos exemplify how clean water is meaningful and important to our lives. Over 7,000 votes were cast to pick a favorite! We will announce the winner here and on Twitter on October 18th.
To honor and celebrate the achievements in protecting and restoring the nation’s waters over the past 50 years, we gathered several stories of how the states & interstates have used the CWA’s goals to ensure that there is clean water everywhere for everyone.
Ten images will be selected by ACWA and EPA Office of Water to be voted on by ACWA members and the public.
The top three images will also receive a prize!
- Grand prize winner: $500 Amazon gift card
- Second and third prize winners: $250 Amazon gift card
- September 6 to September 30: Voting!
- September 30, 11:59pm EST: Voting Closes
- October 18: Winner announced via social media and acwa-us.org.
The contest is open to any contestant at least 13 years of age. Only United States citizens or permanent residents living in the United States or territories can participate. We cannot accept submissions from current federal employees, interns/fellows/externs, or their partners and/or children.
- All photos must be original and not copyrighted by any other individual or entity.
- Only photos submitted that are relevant to water – as described as part of the contest – will be considered valid submissions.
- Submitting a photo grants ACWA and EPA permission to use the photo with attribution to the photographer for 1 year. The photographer retains all ownership rights to the submitted photo.
- All identifying personal information will be kept confidential during the voting process.
- Cash prize to the top 3 winners will get an Amazon e-gift card.