We are proud to present the winners of the Clean Water Act 50th Anniversary Photo Contest – as selected by you! Thank you for casting over 7,000 votes and helping us all celebrate clean water in the United States!
Yellowstone River. Taken in Yellowstone Park by Joseph.
“A stormy afternoon along the Yellowstone River in Wyoming.”
Mississippi River Life. Taken in Bettendorf, Iowa by Dale.
“I got up early to get this image of the full moon setting over the new I-74 bridge, with the old bridge in the background. The ducks and the perfectly positioned pelican with the reflection, were a bonus. I said all I needed was the Loch Ness monster on the right side. I love the soft colors, the reflection, and the Mississippi wildlife all enhancing this photo.”
Great Egrets in Sync. Taken in Baton Rouge, LA by Esther.
“I watched these two birds interact with each other for quite some time. They seemed to be performing a graceful dance. This lake is a haven for birds and other wildlife. I enjoy spending time around this area as it is very relaxing.”
To honor and celebrate the achievements in protecting and restoring the nation’s waters over the past 50 years, we gathered several stories of how the states & interstates have used the CWA’s goals to ensure that there is clean water everywhere for everyone.
Ten images will be selected by ACWA and EPA Office of Water to be voted on by ACWA members and the public.
The top three images will also receive a prize!
- Grand prize winner: $500 Amazon gift card
- Second and third prize winners: $250 Amazon gift card
- September 6 to September 30: Voting!
- September 30, 11:59pm EST: Voting Closes
- October 18: Winner announced via social media and acwa-us.org.
The contest is open to any contestant at least 13 years of age. Only United States citizens or permanent residents living in the United States or territories can participate. We cannot accept submissions from current federal employees, interns/fellows/externs, or their partners and/or children.
- All photos must be original and not copyrighted by any other individual or entity.
- Only photos submitted that are relevant to water – as described as part of the contest – will be considered valid submissions.
- Submitting a photo grants ACWA and EPA permission to use the photo with attribution to the photographer for 1 year. The photographer retains all ownership rights to the submitted photo.
- All identifying personal information will be kept confidential during the voting process.
- Cash prize to the top 3 winners will get an Amazon e-gift card.