Welcome to the ACWA webpage for state, interstate, and other-entity resources on COVID-19.
We are identifying key concerns and open questions regarding COVID-19’s impacts to clean water programs, as well as emerging issues inhibiting clean water program implementation. Because operating environments are constantly changing, ACWA is working to support peer-to-peer information sharing as frequently and expeditiously as possible. If you have any concerns, resources, or updates to contribute, please email email@example.com.
Page last updated 3-30-2020.
Federal and International Guidance
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Department of Homeland Security
- GUIDANCE ON THE CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKFORCE (3-19-2020)
- Pandemic Impacts to Lifeline Critical Infrastructure [Including Water and Wastewater]
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- EPA Letter to Governors Re: COVID-19 and Essential Workers (March 27, 2020)
- Memorandum on COVID-19 Implications for EPA’s Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Program (March 26, 2020)
- This policy applies retroactively beginning March 13, 2020 and has implications for state, local, and private partners.
- Coronavirus and Drinking Water and Wastewater
- Clearinghouse of Active Guidance Documents
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Wastewater Workers and Employers: COVID-19 Control and Prevention
National Institutes of Health
United States (All Federal Agencies)
- US Government Response to COVID-19 Page (All Agency Activities)
Water Information Sharing & Analysis Center (WaterISAC)
U.S. water/wastewater associations and research foundations established WaterISAC in 2002, in coordination with EPA. WaterISAC was authorized by Congress in the 2002 Bioterrorism Act as the designated information sharing and operations arm of the Water Sector Coordinating Council.
World Health Organization
- Novel Coronavirus: Introductory training for for public health professionals; incident managers; and NGO personnel
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Waste Management Interim Guidance for COVID-19 (Issued 3-19-2020)
Water, Wastewater Organization Resources
American Water Works Associations (AWWA)
Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Clean Water Act Regulatory Issues in a Pandemic – Webcast 3-20-2020
- Water and Wastewater Professional’s Guide to Novel Coronavirus
- Current Priority: Coronavirus
- PSA: Will It Flush?
Water Research Foundation
State and Local Association Resources
Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Laboratory Professionals: COVID-19 Response
- Crisis Management Guidance for Public Health Laboratories
- Guidelines for the Public Health Laboratory Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Planning and Response Framework
League of Cities
National Association of Counties (NACO)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): County Response Efforts & Priorities
- Coronavirus: More than 430 counties declare emergency
National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)
National Governors Association (NGA)
Check for updates regarding emerging Governor Declarations and evolving state-wide policies.
- Trump signs historic $2 trillion stimulus after Congress passes it Friday (3/27/2020)
- House passes historic $2 trillion stimulus despite objections from GOP lawmaker (3/27/2020)
- Senate approves historic $2 trillion stimulus deal amid growing coronavirus fears (3/26/2020)
- Wastewater Utilities Seek $12.5b for Virus-related Losses (3/20/2020 – access may require subscription)
- Trump signs coronavirus relief legislation into law (3/19/2020)